JUST TO LET YOU KNOW….
It’s a new year. A clean slate. We got a fresh start and with that came an opportunity to draft a list of resolutions; a contract we made to ourselves for the promise to do certain things differently!
COME ON…. That was so 1985.
Let’s be real. How many people actually sat down and made a list?
I bet in today’s world there’s an app that makes resolutions for us; but that’s a whole other blog post…….
Okay, so we didn’t write anything down but possibly, maybe, we thought about it for a split second before the ball dropped.
Oh, hold on! Waiting up until midnight for the ball to drop? I know, I know. That’s a whole other blog post too!
Sooooooo, in case you couldn’t already tell, I did NOT write a list of resolutions. I didn’t write a list because when you’re unpolished, New Year’s rezos are the kiss of death; it’s essentially a list of the shit you’ll never be able to live up to.
If I have a clean slate, why would I want to remind myself by way of a written contract how I’m inevitably gonna breach it?
Instead, why not look at the New Year from a different point of view. Why not come to terms with the unpolishedness you won’t change!
- Eating clean on a daily basis is never happening. I can press the reset button and start off strong; anxious to shed the pounds I packed on during the holiday season but it sure as hell won’t be long before I’m back to piling up my plate with pizza, pasta and pastries! The story is fact not fiction; and one I’m quite familiar with. I’m not condoning it, just owning it!
- As if anyone besides the Kardashians can keep up, I’m never getting the laundry done until the kids leave for camp. It is what it is. Period. The End.
- Enjoying elementary school homework is about as likely to happen as winning the lottery. It’s NOT; so why resolve to thinking otherwise? One plus one does not equal fun thanks to the
- Save more. Spend less. HAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA
- Organization is a key component when you’re trying to juggle it all. If you’ve ever seen the floor of my car than you know Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus won’t be hiring me anytime soon. While decluttering should be an easy resolution for most, it’s one which least fits into my unpolished perspective. Some may say I put the DIS in disorganized, but I beg to differ. Ask me to find something in what appears to be a stack of crap, and you betcha I’ll find it!
So, tell the truth…. With only a few days into the New Year, how goes those rezos?